Friday, May 27, 2011

Ahhhhnold

Seriously?

Why is it that every foible, weakness, error of judgment or simply bad behavior is now slapped with a label  entitled "disease".  Hyper-sexuality?  Really?  How about typical urges brought on by that handy dandy substance called testosterone?  How many men walk around with the same thoughts, urges, wants, etc.  Hmmm.  Like ALL OF THEM?????

But to save face in the public forum, the elites that grace our movie screens, basketball courts, political forums and golf courses have to have a finger to point.  A way to say "Hey, its not my fault!  I'm not just a normal member of the male species, my disease made me do it!"

Oh yes....that's right.  Personal responsibility is out of fashion these days.  I forgot.

How can anything or anyone explain away the devastation that Maria and Elin and countless women have felt when they learned their man had strayed.  Do you honestly think they feel better knowing it is a "disease"?  I personally would rather hear "I know I'm a scum sucking bottom feeder who couldn't or wouldn't control my natural male urges and so I betrayed everything that you and I had built together."  At least THAT is honest.

I think we need a revival....of personal responsibility.  Nobility.  Class.  Integrity.  Honor.  Civility.  Honesty.  Owning your mistakes.


You can put hyper-sexuality in the diagnosis manual.....but I ain't buying it.

1 comment:

  1. As a VICTIM of this same betrayal, I can only say A.MEN. SIS.TER! Preach it.

    ReplyDelete